Are you all set for the ultimate adventure but have no idea where to go? If you love nature and learning a whole new culture, we have the perfect holiday destination for you. Look no further and check out the majestic island of Guam and have an ultimate Guam adventure!
Surrounded by pristine white beaches, amazing marine life, excellent look out points, and a slew of exhilarating and thrilling activities to choose from, Guam might just be the adventure stop you’ve been looking for.
The island of Guam is a popular holiday destination for many individuals, whether traveling with family or friends. It’s a safe destination with very little crime. But just like anywhere else, there are some things you need to be aware of to make sure your visit on Guam will be a safe and truly enjoyable one.
Here are a few tips to consider that will guarantee you an ultimate Guam adventure:
- DO wear clothes that are light and allow you to move freely and comfortably. The climate is tropical, hot and humid all year round, with temperatures around 30/32 °C (86/90 °F) during the day, and 24/25 °C (75/77 °F) at night.
- DO wear plenty of sunscreen and use sun protection like sunglasses and hats. Avoid sun exposure between 10am and 3pm.
- DO check the weather conditions for the day before doing any beach trips or water activities. The weather can be quite erratic and water conditions may not be safe for the moment.
- DO stick to well guarded beaches and tourist areas. These areas have been cleared of imminent danger for visitors to enjoy.
- DO ask your hotel concierge for directions on how to get any of the attractions on your list. Save the concierge’s number on your mobile phone.
- DO take your friends and family to see a unique dinner and show package.
- DO be watchful and alert at all times as the island is teeming with life and wildlife. Be careful when exploring, especially at night.
- DO carry minimal cash and use it only when you need it.
- DO ask for directions from any open business should you get lost.
- DO use the crosswalks and obey traffic signs at all times.
- DO Dial 911 in case of any emergency. Remain calm.
- DON’T drink and drive. Many bars and clubs in Guam offer complimentary non-alcoholic drinks to drivers.
- DON’T leave your children unattended.
- DON’T leave your valuables in plain view that it might be easily stolen.
- DON’T venture out on your own especially in the evenings. Best to walk with a companion and stay in busy streets and well-lit areas.
- DON’T hitchhike or pick up hitchhikers.
- When you’re unsure of anything at all, always look to your hotel or call the Guam Visitors Bureau at 646-5278/9. Or reach Guam Police Department atl (671) 472-8911
It is definitely everyone’s goal to enjoy and make the most of every holiday. But the truth, is emergency situations do arise when we least expect it. It’s always better to be safe than sorry. Simply keep all this in mind and be on your way to an unforgettable adventure that only Guam can offer you.
Your visit to Guam will never be complete without seeing Encore! Where Magic Happens at the Fiesta Resort Guam. Known as the best family entertainment, enjoy an evening of pure family-friendly comedy, illusion and magic tricks. One of the highlights of the show is meeting Rio! Guam’s only white lion. See Rio in all his splendor, performing tricks and stunts that will leave you in awe!